Types of Therapy
Sex therapy can deepen and enhance couples counseling by offering sexual intimacy, the deepest form of communication, as a microcosm for exploring the relationship itself. Council for Relationships’ trained sex therapists use an integrated and collaborative approach for exploring and resolving issues related to sexuality. Sex therapy at Council is provided by a diverse group of multidisciplinary male and female clinicians who have advanced training in the fields of human sexuality and sex therapy.
Our sex therapists help individuals and partners with a wide range of sexual problems and issues, such as:
- Sex education and sexual enrichment
- Recapturing lost sensuality
- Exploring sexuality after childbirth.
- Low libido or arousal
- Orgasmic, erectile and sexual arousal disorders
- Fetish and compulsive behaviors
- Premature ejaculation
- Sexual desire or aversion issues
- Sexuality and gender identity
- Vaginismus/sexual pain
- Sexual issues relating to chronic illness, physical ability, or spirituality