Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
Mindfulness practice is ideal for enhancing awareness of the relationship between the mind and the body, as well as of the ways the unconscious thoughts, feelings, and behaviors can undermine emotional, physical, and spiritual health. Mindfulness and meditation have been found to reduce psychological issues such as stress, anxiety, and depression, numerous physical issues, such as chronic pain, and negative behavioral patterns, such as substance use. This eight-week program will draw on Jon Kabatt-Zinn’s Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)’s method providing opportunities for:
• Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
• Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
• Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
• Individually tailored instruction
• Home assignments to increase mindful awareness
There are no upcoming Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction classes scheduled at this time. If you’re interested in attending, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.