CFR offers Online Therapy as an alternative to, or in conjunction with, traditional in-person therapy throughout PA & NJ
Online Therapy is delivered via video conferencing software called Doxy.me, not instant messaging or voice calls. You can connect with your therapist in a safe and private online environment. Research has shown that this method is just as effective as in-person therapy for many people. CFR is committed to ensuring the highest quality of care and our Staff Therapists have undergone extensive Online Therapy training.
Online Therapy lets you talk with your therapist in the comfort of your own home. This also means that you’ll save time that you would have spent traveling to the office.
Our Staff Therapists are some of the best in the area, and now you can meet with them online from anywhere in Pennsylvania or New Jersey; You’re no longer limited to local therapists.
Ready to change your life?
How It Works
- After you have connected with a therapist, they will reach out to set up a brief phone call to assess your needs. The therapist will determine if online therapy is an effective option for you. If it is, you and your therapist will schedule your first online appointment.
- Your therapist will send you Council for Relationships’ Online Therapy Intake Packet, which you will complete and email back to them prior to your first online therapy appointment.
- Your therapist will email you a link to join them for your session via doxy.me, our videoconferencing platform. To join the session, just click the link in the email you received, enter your name, and you will be placed in the “virtual” waiting room until your scheduled session time. See below for technology requirements. You can also visit http://cfr.doxy.me and select your clinician’s room name.
- Moving forward, you and your therapist will discuss goals, determine the frequency of sessions, and create a plan for your treatment.
If you are already seeing a clinician at Council for Relationships, transitioning to online therapy is a simpler process. Communicate directly with your clinician to find out their availability and to determine the best way to proceed.
Like any therapeutic approach, there are limitations to Online Therapy. Here’s a summary of the main requirements for Online Therapy:
- Location – We are only able to provide this service to clients who are located in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the state where our participating therapists are licensed. You will also need to be in a private and quiet location for your Online Therapy sessions. We recommend a well-lit room with no distractions.
- Technology – You will need a computer or tablet (phones can be used, but are not preferred) with a web camera, microphone, and speakers. You will need to use Firefox or Chrome as your internet browser. For optimal call performance, it is important that you are connected to high-speed internet. You can test your internet speed here. Our Online Therapy is delivered via a video conferencing software called Doxy.me.